Monday, January 4, 2010

new year



as cliche as it sounds, the beginning of january is the most liberating time of year to me. i'm always ranting the daily, "my diet starts tomorrow", then ordering chinese or going to see my loves, mr. ben & mr. jerry (very nurturing fellows). but i'm bound & determined to make this year different. i want to become more active phsically as well as mentally. a friend told me to write down my resolutions so that i'll actually stick to them so, here they are...


1. shed the holiday weight by actually eating right & working out. i want abs this year!


2. taking better care of myself, i.e. less drinking, less processed food, more energy


3. being a more balanced person: friends, family, work, school, study abroad, internships, art


4. read more books & adopt a hobby of watching more classic, old movies.


5. cook more.


6. have more self-confidence.


7. dress with purpose & only buy things i really adore. style icons for the year, the olsen twins


8. explore athens a little more. i've been there three years & don't know it as intimately as i should.


9. watch less television. (gossip girl is exempt to this).


10. my most important resolution: LOVE. love myself, making sure my family & friends know i love them, loving each day. treating it more as a gift to others than just waiting for it to happen to me. everything comes full circle. have a little faith in the karma payment plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment