Sunday, March 7, 2010

yours truly

preparations for future career(-ish) plans have forced me to look back on some of my old writings. 2 years ago i wrote a short little piece all about me that i thought might be a good way to better introduce myself...


i am meg.
three simple letters.

I live for summer. I love the way it feels when you walk out of a cold restaurant into the sweltering southern heat. I don’t trust a skinny cook, or anyone who says they don’t like sweet tea. I love the coast and a cool sea breeze. Purple sunsets over the marsh never fail to leave me stunned.


Starry Night” by Van Gough is my favorite.



I get excited when I find a place with good burgers and wings.


Where I come from, sunburns are an accomplishment and everything edible always ends up deep fried. The house I grew up in smells like cookies and detergent and I miss it every day. I never go a night’s sleep without dreaming. I love laughing at absolutely nothing and I always have a grin on my face. I realize everyday just how much I am turning into my mother. It terrifies me, and still brings me a smile every time. My closest friends are my foundation and I would not be the person I am today without them.

I have never gotten stitches or broken any bones (knock on wood). Music is a strong passion of mine. I believe it can intensify any imaginable emotion. I love the smell of salt water and marsh grass. I love being home alone and most always use that valuable time to dance when nobody’s watching (preferably naked). I pride myself on making some pretty amazing cupcakes and a mean Kahlua cheesecake. I absolutely adore children; the wilder the better. I miss the little boys I used to babysit back home, all three blond haired, blue-eyed devils.


I miss our neighborhood dog, Millie, and the way her tail seemed like it would fall off when she wagged it. I miss the way the sand feels between my toes at night and seeing palm trees on a daily basis. I want to speak three languages and travel all over the world. I pray that I love what I do for a living. I want to learn how to play guitar and piano. I want to give an orphaned child a chance at a real life and a happy home. I want to go to Africa and save the world. I realize I want to be as good-hearted as my mother. I want to dance while everyone’s watching, and give my cupcakes to everyone with an empty stomach.


I am Margaret Elizabeth Goggans.

Three complex words.

No comments:

Post a Comment